Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Episode 15 - School's Out For Summah!

Wendy and Sheila's first episode recorded during summer break. The usual project chat, including Sheila's ongoing Mountain Ash Shawl and Wendy's finished Summer's End Sweater.

Show Notes:

Shout outs:  Katie with Knittin on The Fly for her shout out, to BarbMargo on Ravelry, to Plurk for the support and Wendy's Monday Night Knitters.
Sparkpeople love Madgabknits and Kwillow for getting on.

On The Dance Card:
Sheila as the Mt Ash on the needles, but is 1/3 of the way done.  Mt Ash is by Kate Gagnon Osborn with Debbie Alpaca Silk on US 6 / 4mm.  Another Preemie hat of my own design, working on the pattern, with Sundara Sock yarn.  Spring Forward by Linda Welch on US 1.5 / 2.25 mm with Sock Pixie Vegan yarn. Still have Saroyan Shawl by Liz Abinante with Malabrigo lace held doubled.  
Wendy has Catkin by carina Spencer in Malabrigo Sock, Archangel and Botticelli, on US 4 / 3.5 mm.  She also has Rock Island by Jared Flood in Ivy Brambles on the needles.  This did not receive any love this week.  She is using US 7 / 4.5 mm needles.

Rate Your Date:
Sheila finished two Grandma's Favorite Dish Cloth pattern by Ruth from Big Springs TX, with Sugar and Cream cotton yarn.  Nothing to show as they went as a gift this past Monday.  Great one night stand.
Wendy has finished her Summer End Sweater by Heater Sapp in Dream in Color Classy in Cool Fire.  She used US 8 / 5 mm needles.  Loved it.  Wendy likes my decrease I reccomended to her for the SSK.

Future Dates:
Sheila plans to cast on Iris Mystery Shawl by Natascha Vogele, planning on using Wollpapst Sonkenwolle.  To finish what is on my needles, I have way too much.
Wendy is planning on the Iris Mystery Shawl as well in her  Enchanted Knoll Farm in Treasure Chest colorway.  She also would like to pick up the Featherweight Cardigan back on the needles by Heather Fettig in her Misti Alspaca Handpaint Lace.  This is a project from 2009.
Sheila and Wendy both plan on doing KnittingsMyBag podcaster challenge that starts in September, her is her shop, take a look.  Looking forward to this.

Crushes and Heartbreaks:
Sheila says thank you to Crystal (Halifaxmommy on Ravelry) from Nova Scotia, for the link to Conkerrcancer.org.  Thank you to Maria (VickiMaria on Ravlery) for gifting me the Howlcat by Dull Roar and Wyvern Lace Kerchief by Gabi Bolland Designs.  She is too sweet.
Wendy talks about the hatefull email that she received earlier in the week.

Baubles and Bling:
Sheila shows off a nice pocket book, purse that I bought from TJMaxx.
Wendy shows off her new stitchmarkers by Craftystitcher on Etsy.  They are so cute.  Surya by Caryl Pierre that Sheila gifted to Wendy.

Gossip and Innuendo:
Sheila uploaded Good Reader app, but unsure how to use it. 
Wendy is hoping to go to the I-91 Shop Hop, a Yarn Crawl in MA, VT, and CT.  Melissa of His and Hers podcast and of Keagan Lane Yarns is doing a "Dye Your Own" buffet table at Metapohor Yarns.

We have  a weight loss thread on our group, check it out.
Find us on Plurk as Knit1heartto (we share the account), Sparkpeople as Sheilad37 and Pennywenny2, and Twitter as Knit1hearttoo.  You can email us knit1heartoo@gmail.com.
We are on iTunes, leave a comment or Star rating.
If you are new or a return viewer, thank you for watching us.

Have a good week, Knit With Heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila, that Mountain Ash is so beautiful! I love knitting the Spring Forward pattern. It's my daughter's favourite socks that I've knit for her.
Wendy, The yarn for your Catkin is really really pretty!
I'm doing the Iris KAL too. :)
Oh and Sheila I asked you on the forums over there which yarn you decided on but now I know. :)

Elena. (theresmiling) said...

You two are too funny! LOL
BTW, "Unikat" is German for "one of a kind".

Unknown said...

This is why I love our international audience. Unikat, who knew? My "walking around" German never would have figured it out!

Sheila said...

Suezee, thank you. I am really liking the Mt Ash, and I really am going to like the size of it as well. I like the Spring Forward socks, they are easy enough and some what mindless. I think I just feel overwhelmed with everything else on my needles.

Elena, thanks for letting us know about Unikat, it makes sense really. Uni being one.

Sheila