Thursday, July 14, 2011

Episode 18 - Back at the Studio Again!


The usual project chat, including discussion of Clue 2 of the Iris Mystery Shawl. Sheila also discusses the upcoming Podcaster Challenge in more detail and Wendy shares her plans to modify Gawain to be knit in the round. Sheila suggests a food tracking contest to start in August! We'll keep you posted.

Show Notes: (Sorry they are so late.)

Welcome to our SparkPeople friends, HelloLovely, Juleeque, BlessedNJoyful, and Rainlover, PPkart, and BHAY123 to both Sheilad37 and PennyWenny2's pages.

On The Dance Card:
Sheila has Saroyan by Liz Abinante with Malabrigo on Size US 6/ 4 mm, saw no love this week.  She has Iris Mystery Shawl by Natasha Vogele with Wolpaste Sonkenwolle in Unikate colorway on US 6 / 4 mm
She also has Flutter-By socks toe-up with my Serendipitous Ewe Fate Fingering on US 1.5 US / 2.25 mm.  I still have my Preemie Hat on the needles on size US 2 / 2.5 mm, my own design.  I also have  secret project using Cascade 220 wool on size US 5 / 3.5 mm.  Some wash clothes in the Grandmothers simple discloth pattern by Ruth from Big Springs, TX.  Last but not least, I have a hat out of Cascade 220 in Superwash using the Owlings pattern to do it.
Wendy has Rock Island by Jared Flood in Ivy Brambles Romantica from Yarn & Fiber Co. on US 7 / 4.5 mm, no love this week.  She cast on for the Big Herringbone Cowl by Purl Soho with Malabrigo Worsted in the Sealing Wax Colorway on US 17 / 12/75 mm needles.  Iris Mystery Shawl as well by Natasha Vogele of Krazy Kitty in Enchnated Knoll in Treasure Chest colorway.

Rate Your Date:
Sheila has finishe a Grandmother Diagonal Dishcloth for teacher gifts.
Wendy  has nothing.

Future Dates:
Sheila finish my preemie hat, 2 to 3 dishcloth's and get to the decrease section of the Saroyan.
Wendy will be working on the KnittingMyBag Podcaster challange project in September.  She is also planning on Gawain by Alison Green Will with her own modifications.

Whirlwind Romance:
Wendy finished spinning up her Miss Babs BFL in Vlad Colorway, has about 300 yds.  Her first handspun from a wheel. 

Crushes and Heartbreaks:
We both are crushing over LynnZimm's Denver Oyster Run a Charity race for the Colorado Make a Wish orginazation, for Life Threatening medical conditons. Lynn, has raised $3000 as of July 4th.  Luara Linneman created the My Wish pattern and if you purchase it for $5.00 all proceeds will go to LynnZimms cause.   LynnZimm is having a prizes for donanting to her cause.  Every $10 will receive 1 entry for a list of prizes on her blog Knitting Triathlete.  Wendy is donating a pattern from Ravelry up to $10.00 and I am donating a skein of 80/20 Wollmeise in Aquarias.

Baubles and Bling:
Sheila wento to a farm stand and found Wicked Good Soap Co., and bought some shaving cream.  I also bought some Cascade 220 in purple, that I have cast on the Owling hat with already.
Wendy bought some String Theory Caper Sock in purple.  She also got some lotion and soap from Wolfe Farms.

Gossip and Innuendo:
Wendy went to Portland and visited a couple of yarn stores.  Knit Wit Yarn Shop, Portland Fiber Gallery and Weaving Studio where she received a lot of information on Spinning Wheels.

KnittingMyBags Podcaster Challange rules and regulations:  Hopefully a knit a long with us as well with the challange.

Contest:
We have a thread on our Knit1hearttoo group, where if you keep track of what you eat for two weeks you can win some yarn.  Go check it out.

We have  a weight loss thread on our group, check it out. 
Find us on Plurk as Knit1hearttoo (we share the account), Sparkpeople as Sheilad37 and Pennywenny2, and Twitter as Knit1hearttoo.  You can email us knit1heartoo@gmail.com.
We are on iTunes, leave a comment or Star rating.
If you are new or a return viewer, thank you for watching us.

Have a good week, Knit With Heart.

3 comments:

Ceaberrys Haberdashery said...

Go for the Navajo Ply! I mainly use it as my preferred ply. I even do a two ply then navajo it on itself to make a 6 ply which makes a fun yarn for some double plys that are too thick and thin. Hope you enjoy it. One note about it, most people use their dominant hand to do the links, try it both ways, I found my non-dominant hand works for wools but my dominant hand for alpaca.

Unknown said...

I am excited to try an N-ply! I switch which hand I draft with a lot when I spin, so I'll be sure to try both ways. I'm ambidextrous, so I don't really have a dominant hand!

Constellation Designs said...

Wendy -- You're going to love the Gawain. I hate seed stitch but I loved this knit (even though I had to knit the back twice). It is my go-to sweater, I'd love to make another one. Knitting it in the round is very smart, seaming was a pain, I must have ripped each seam two or three times.