Thursday, July 7, 2011

Episode 17 - Too Hot to Handle


Wendy and Sheila try filming outdoors for a change, but it's too hot! The usual project chat, including the finished Mountain Ash Shawl and Catkin Shawlette. Wendy reveals her Rhinebeck sweater plans and both ladies show off some bags they love.

Show Notes:

Welcome to Wombatofdoom, Scarletowl, TanyaCrafts, Kwillow2, and Wandering Peanut to our Sparkpeople.

230 people on Ravelry Group.

On The Dance Card:
Sheila is working on the  Saroyan by Liz Abinante in Malabrigo Lace held double on US 6 / 3.5 mm, no love this week.  Spring Forward by Liz Welch with Serendipitous Ewe. Iris by Natasha Vogele of Krazy Kitty with Wollpast in Unikat colorway.
Wendy  has Rock Island by Jared Flood in Ivy Brambles Romantica from Yarn & Fiber Co. on US 7 / 4.5 mm, no love this week.  She cast on for the Big Herringbone Cowl by Purl Soho with Malabrigo Worsted in the Sealing Wax Colorway on US 17 / 12/75 mm needles.  Iris Mystery Shawl as well by Natasha Vogele of Krazy Kitty in Enchnated Knoll in Treasure Chest colorway.

Rate Your Date:
Sheila has a long slow Waltz to rate.  She finished the Mountain Ash Shawl by Kate Gagnon Osborn in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK on US 6 / 4mm.  Loved it, it took about 2 1/2 months to knit it, mostly done at work with the higher temps outside.
Wendy  has finished her Catkin by Carina Spncer in Malabrigo Sock in Archangel and Botticelli colorways.  She loved, but will probably not knit it again.

Future Dates:
Sheila is still planning on the Scrappy Sockey Stripey cardi only after I get more of my stuff of the needles. Will be casting on for some more dishcloth's using the Grandmother's washcloth in Peaches and Cream Cotton.
Wendy and Sheila are both plan on doing KnittingsMyBag podcaster challenge that starts in September, her is her shop, take a look.  Looking forward to this.  She also has picked her Rhinebeck Sweater, Gawain by Alison Green Will.

Crushes and Heartbreaks:
We both are crushing over LynnZimm's Denver Oyster Run a Charity race for the Colorado Make a Wish orginazation, for Life Threatening medical conditons.  Luara Linneman created the My Wish pattern and if you purchase it for $5.00 all proceeds will go to LynnZimms cause.   LynnZimm is having a prizes for donanting to her cause.  Every $10 will receive 1 entry for a list of prizes on her blog Knitting Triathlete.  Wendy is donating a pattern from Ravelry up to $10.00 and I am donating a skein of 80/20 Wollmeise in Aquarias.
Sheila is crushing on LL Bean's Extra Large canvas bag.
Babules and Bling:
Sheila has done nothing.
Wendy has the Large Serena Bag from DianaCouture along with 3 matching hoodies.
Gossip and Innuendo:
Wendy is heading up to Maine to try some spinning wheels at some yarn stores in Portland.
We have  a weight loss thread on our group, check it out.
Find us on Plurk as Knit1hearttoo (we share the account), Sparkpeople as Sheilad37 and Pennywenny2, and Twitter as Knit1hearttoo.  You can email us knit1heartoo@gmail.com.
We are on iTunes, leave a comment or Star rating.
If you are new or a return viewer, thank you for watching us.

Have a good week, Knit With Heart.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

This has happened to me before on another podcast but the link to blip doesn't work for me. It opens up a menu for me to decide what to do (and blip isn't one of the choices). On the other blog I went to blip myself and put in the podcast name. I've tried different combinations but I can't find your podcast on blip. What is it under? Thank you.

Unknown said...

It should work from this page now (after 4 days of working on it), but for future reference, you should be able to find us on Blip as knit1hearttoo.

tgknits said...

Wendy, I have a Ladybug they are a little different from the Sidekick. The bug can be double drive, scotch, or Irish tension like the matchless. The Sidekick is only Scotch tension but can fold. The good thing about them is that all the parts interchange so if you get one and later decide you want one of the others all the extras you get will work. Hope to get a Matchless and still have my bug for my dd to use

sue said...

Yay it worked. I liked your podcast being outside, although I can just imagine how hot you both felt doing so. Sheila your shawl is absolutely gorgeous. Wendy I really liked your one too with the little buttons. Those needle holders look great too that you have with each of your beautiful bags. I have to agree that I couldnt find your podcast on blip the other day either which was annoying but I am glad it worked today!

Unknown said...

tgknits - thanks for the info. My friend has a ladybug, which I will be trying out over the next couple of weeks. Can't wait!

And sue - Blip was a nightmare this week, but hopefully I worked things out so I won't have any problems again!

Kimberly said...

You two are great no matter where you are so no appologies for being outside, I loved it! I'm almost caught up now and am having fun watching you two. Wendy, I love your catkin, I have the pattern but I'm waiting to go to Wollmeise in 3 weeks to get some yarn for it. hugs from Berlin!!
Oh I have to laugh-my word verification is bedhors!! sorry, it cracked me up. :-)

Sheila said...

Kimberly, I am so jealous that you get to go to the store. I hope you have fun.

The word verification is so funny, makes no sense but gives you a giggle.